--- On Sat, 18/7/09, b.schulz...@scu.edu.au <b.schulz...@scu.edu.au> wrote:

> it's carpark/picnic area. These are pretty much tracks
> (although some may argue for highway=service), are unpaved
> and are perfectly suitable for all cars.

I'm thinking of actual roads that wouldn't be deemed service as they are public
roads, albeit very minor ones, that the shire hasn't bothered to gravel.

Also I've driven along safely in a car, unpaved tracks in national parks even
if they are mostly traversed by 4wd's, but there is roads that can only be
driven in a 4wd and are officially signed as such, due to clearence reasons, or
sandy patches etc.