--- On Fri, 31/7/09, b.schulz...@scu.edu.au <b.schulz...@scu.edu.au> wrote:

> It may also be worth telling any
> bushwalking or 4WD clubs about the event. They may not be as
> nerdy as computer groups but they are likely to already have
> GPS units and a use for maps.

I wouldn't consider 3 out of 4 of those I listed as nerdy anyway, take for
example this webpage :)

http://www.mugsunco.org.au/MUGSUNCO_Welcome.html

Found a sunshine coast bush walking clubs, seems to be snail mail only.

There seems to be quite a few 4wd clubs though, one at Nambour, another at
Caloundra and another at Maleny, most only publish snail mail addresses.

I doubt we will be able to get round them all by snail mail in time for the
meeting, so for these groups instead of spending too much time advertising the
current meet-up it might be more pertinent to come up with a different strategy.