David Dean, Hughbris, and I had a discussion on IRC recently, and
decided that amenity=bbq is the best. It's the easiest to spell, and
least ambiguous because both barbecue and barbeque are acceptable
spellings depending on locality.

Additionally, David proposed that the additional tag
fuel=wood/gas/electric may be used to tag the fuel source.

None of this has gone through any kind of official vote or anything, but
I believe it's the de-facto standard in Brisbane at least. >_>

Cheers,
Ash.

On Sun, 2009-08-02 at 20:46 +1000, James Livingston wrote:
> On 02/08/2009, at 8:20 PM, b.schulz...@scu.edu.au wrote:
> > amenity=bbq being rendered?
>
> Does anyone know if how to tag those has been discusses before?
> Australia seems to contain about an equal number of amenity=bbq and
> amenity=barbeque, with a handful of amenity=barbecue thrown in. There
> are a negligible number of them tagged in other countries.

Ashley Kyd
• Web & Software Development in Brisbane, Australia.
• Phone (07) 3129 2332, or visit http://kyd.com.au/