--- On Fri, 7/8/09, ed...@billiau.net <ed...@billiau.net> wrote:
> The seafront area in Cairns has a mixture of cycle only
> paths / shared use
> paths / pedestrian paths through a single big park area
> So something that rendered those differently would be
> ideal. I know we
> should not "tag for the renderer".

Rendering different paths based on the width is the only way to tag something
verifiable and be able to render various paths differently that I can think of.

> So a cyclist path is wider, has no steps and has probably a
> maximum gradient.
> It should also have a dip in the kerb where it meets /
> crosses the road.
> A wheelchair suitable path would have even less gradient,
> and again have
> no steps, but might be narrower. I haven't read the
> Australian standards
> there, so someone else who has a better idea should chime
> in.

Are there tags for gradient?

Also it should be some sort of grading for wheel chair users, some like to
wheel chair off road, some like to road race, I realise you are probably
thinking of some kind of hospital type wheel chair but that isn't the only kind.