> > that if the median break only allows turning into a road, no
> > U-turn or only turning from one direction that some kind of
> > relation needs to be constructed but relations are beyond me
> > for now.
>
> This would be a restriction relation, not just a tag, I've never tagged one
> of these so I don't know the specifics but this is the wiki page about it:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:restriction

Not always necessary.

Looking here:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-16.917127&lon=145.771595&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF

You will find an intersection with no restriction relations yet it routes and
renders correctly.

You can not go straight across on Minnie Street but you can turn left from
either Minnie St to Lake St or viceversa and turn right from Lake St into
either side of Minnie St.

The section of Minnie St between the two sides of Lake St is not marked as
oneway so becomes a two way section, which it is on the ground, as is the rest
of the intersection.

Generally if you map it as it is on the ground, by using oneway=yes where
required, it will work out like this.

Go to edit to see how the ways are tagged.

If there was no u-turn permitted then you would have to use a relation to
indicate that.

Cheers and Welcome
Ross
--