--- On Thu, 30/7/09, Ben Kelley <ben.kel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have seen a couple of places where you have put these.
> Can you please put something like layer=-5, as otherwise
> they cover up other layers in the town.

I just came across this the other day in the osm-template.xml.

Ignoring for the moment that we shouldn't do this to effect the outcome of
rendering, this isn't actually needed as the size of each area is stored in the
per-processed rendering database/tables and the system orders by the layer then
by the area covered.

Also Roads etc are drawn on top of areas, so actually stating layer=* isn't
needed to order the drawing order of area colouring.