On Thu, 3 Sep 2009, John Smith wrote:
> 2009/9/3 Liz <ed...@billiau.net>:
> > I'd think that when we hit by vandalism in AU we would be talking on the
> > local list and making a decision on reverting changes.
> > I would think that a "higher status" mapper would be actually permitted
> > to make the changes rather than anyone.
>
> I've actually been pondering about this, I think we need to be a lot
> more pro-active about vandalism than some seem to be taking it on the
> main talk list, where it's someone else's problem.
>
> Perhaps we should go so far as to flesh out a policy on what should be
> done if people notice wide spread vandalism.
makes sense to sort out a policy now
currently if i see something which may be a problem i identify the mapper,
message them through OSM and hopefully have a discussion
i try to be open in this communication, not starting with accusations etc
because i want to open communication not start a war.
(recipients of my messages might see this differently ;-) )
welcome them to OSM, suggest they join the mailing list, and say that i've
noticed their edits in X
and finally get around to what i really want to say
and the other thing is not to do it when hot under the collar after seeing
your work changed, but wait a day.....

--
He is now rising from affluence to poverty.
                -- Mark Twain