I've done some stealthy data gathering and concluded the following:

It looks like the railway's mostly following the highway down, and
there's a 300 metre long tunnel under Easthill Drive (which isn't in
OpenStreetMap, but is close to Robina Station.) All other roads have
bridges over the rail.

You can actually see where they've cut out the route (I presume) in
Google Maps. Comparing it with the CG flythrough on the QR site, it
seems to match.

I've done up an artist's rendition; completely unverifiable, probably
not appropriate for OSM, and quite possibly wrong. It's probably the
best you'll get until someone goes down there with a GPS. :)

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/759/mapoq.png

Ash.

On Fri, 2009-09-11 at 13:45 +1000, John Smith wrote:
> 2009/9/11 Ashley Kyd <a...@kyd.com.au>:
> > I'm sure someone will ride it and take a trace when it opens at least.
> > The Go Card fares don't look too bad for an one-off trip: $16.12 return
> > from the city.
> >
> > I doubt there's much more anyone could do other than maybe petition QR
> > Limited (is that what they're called now) for some data?
>
> If someone decides to ask QR, try and get the rest of the lines in QLD
> too, that data is a lot harder to come by, especially disused track.

Ashley Kyd
• Web & Software Development in Brisbane, Australia.
• Phone (07) 3129 2332, or visit http://kyd.com.au/