On 15/09/2009, at 2:31 PM, John Smith wrote:

One from two of the areas done, although I didn't have the time to do
street naming so that's an exercise for someone else still, and most
likely I'll only have time to map out the missing streets.
Does anyone have any good tips on one person doing this sort of thing
by themselves at all?

When I'm doing mapping, I use my mobile phone's voice record function as a dictaphone, using the hands-free microphone that came with it - that way I can talk (street names, other useful features) while still keeping both hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.

Mark P.