On 01/10/2009, at 8:53 PM, John Smith wrote:
> I tried to use it to augment GPS data but the math ended up doing my
> head in so I'm not sure how much use this would be compared to a 4 or
> 5Hz GPS logger alone unless someone is super duper at velocity math
> that is.

It wouldn't be too hard, just double-integrate the acceleration to
produce a plot of your relative position.

Attaching it to the stand and end points of the GPS trace should
remove the zeroth order accumulation errors, and then you can start to
play around with more fancy things using intermediate GPS data to
adjust for non-linearities in the accelerometer readings. I did pretty
much this in one dimension for a physics prac a few year ago at uni :)