> Interesting.  Personally, I use e10 in my '97 Pulsar almost always, even
> though Nissan say not to.  I've never had a problem with drivability or
> with the fuel or intake system.
>
> On the contrary, e10 is actually about 93 or 94 octane, as the ethanol
> raises the octane number of the 91 base fuel.  Occasionally I'll use
> ordinary ordinary ULP where e10 isn't available, and then I'll hear the
> occasional pinking from the engine momentarily until the knock sensor
> retards the spark.  Running with more spark advance on e10 makes up for
> its marginally lower energy content.
>
> Just my 2ยข worth in an emotional and off-topic debate.
>
> John

Bit different in engine type, mines a 5.8l V8 which will run on e10 or 91
octane but it's not good.  Fuel consumption increases by about 5l per 100km.
Prefered fuel is 98 or 95 with octane boost.

I'd actually like to be able to run e85 or e100 but would need fuel injection
to do it practicable.  Would also be able to produce enough ethanol at home for
local use and just use what ever fuel is available when touring.

Our XR8 runs quite nicely on e10 maybe I should just get an XR8 engine and put
it in the truck.

--
Cheers
Ross