On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, swanilli wrote:
> 2. The idea that every way on which bicycles are permitted should be
> designated cycleway implying it is primarily for bicycles, is, in my
> opinion either hopeful, naïve or arrogant. If you read, for example, the
> extract from the Australian Road Rules for "Australian separated footpath"
> it is clear that the correct designation is "footpath" and not "cycleway".
> Leave well alone or you will bring the wrath of the gods down on OSM.

i'm considering this from a "what's permitted" view but from "is this designed
for bicycles" view.
its not to do with every way on which bicycles are permitted being a cycleway
- my bicycle is permitted lots of places but they certainly weren't designed
for cycling - kerbs to jump up and down, tight corners, steps

but what i need to know is "is this way a good place to take a bike" or "is
this way a better route for a bike"

> you will bring the wrath of the gods down on OSM.

so? will it alter the licence in a better way?