2009/12/19 Aun Johnsen <li...@gimnechiske.org>:
> For changing roads, I think the future of changesets will allow us to revert
> changes as well as have a way to retrieve historical data. I guess that a
> future API version will allow you to see "how the world looked in 2009", so
> that non-existing roads doesn't need to be saved in the dataset anymore.
> Until this can be done by the API this way, we should tag it in a way that
> allows us to preserv this data, without cluttering general maps or confusing
> users.

Andy was the one that brought up roads, I was commenting on event
areas and areas that got wiped out due to volcanos, so I don't see the
point in tagging roads this way since the data is already in the
database and can be pulled out using some of the history APIs people
have been coding, as for the even areas there seems to be very little
if any noticible harm being cause at present due to the niche nature.