On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 4:47 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com>wrote:

> You are assuming the only use is for rendering, have you seen osmfuel.org?
>
> http://www.osmfuel.org/enter

Uh:
----
You have asked Firefox to connect
securely to mail.suckfuell.net, but we can't confirm that your connection is
secure.

mail.suckfuell.net uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.
----

Not sure what's going on there. When I click on the "osmfuel.org" it does
that.

But yeah, good point. Not really interested in fuel myself, but I can see
the value.

> Do any support atm=yes ?

Oh, as opposed to amenity=atm?

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Stevage/tagsupport

No. Although...

http://osmdoc.com/en/tag/atm/#values

Crazy, it's actually more widely used than amenity=atm. 16,000 vs 9,000.
"Don't worry, the renderers will catch up" indeed...

I should make a list of the worst examples of renderer support not matching
current usage, and send it out to the various dev lists.

Steve