On Sat, 23 Jan 2010, Kevin Pye wrote:
> > The second photo shows cars parked on both sides of the street facing
> > away from the camera, which suggests it's a one-way street. It's a poor
> > example.
>
> You can't necessarily assume that a street is one way based on the
> direction the cars are parked. In some parts of the world it's legal
> and common to park on the wrong side of the road.
>
> Kevin.

Interestingly if you look at the bigger image (click on the little one) you
will see that on both sides of the street cars are parked facing both ways.
It's a sample Pommie street with Council housing from the 50s (IMnotHO); the
cars have Pommie number plates.
As an example photograph it is poor, the fallen blossoms are brighter than the
road markings and quite confusing; there are no moving cars so we have no idea
how many lanes there are other than a faint broken centre line.