Michael wrote:
The footways along Duoro Road and Harbour Street (but not the one
between them!) do not carry any information IMHO, but clutter the map
display, especially on GPS units. With three times as much nodes per
meter of the street(the actual road + 2 footways), data processing and
editing is getting ever more resource hungry.

At first I was also a bit worried about map clutter, and wasting resources, so I downloaded the latest WA map and put it into my Garmin Etrex Legend. (WA has never been in there before - I live in Sydney). Then I selected the area in question as my current location and zoomed in to the 50m level. The attached file shows what it looks like on my Etrex. The footways are much smaller than the roads, and don't really add to the clutter. In fact, when I zoomed in to 8m the display became less cluttered. So I guess we can really map whatever detail we feel comfortable with.

Richard

<<inline: Fremantle.jpg>>