On 28 February 2010 12:02, David Murn <da...@incanberra.com.au> wrote:
> In Linux, gpsbabel is your friend.  If youre in windows, well, good
> luck.

There is 2 types of data file, shapes and points, I thought gpsbabel
only dealt with points?

> Can you please make sure that if youre going to import another bulk
> dataset, that its actually accurate, without duplicating 99% of its
> data?  These recent bulk imports have caused more mess and effort than
> would have been invovled in just placing nodes there manually, from GPS
> or nearmap.

I disagree, there is a lot of data, especially in less populated areas
that may never have been added in any reasonable time frame. As for
duplicates, they weren't that much of a hassle to deal with, I did a
good deal of the fuel locations myself.