made it safely into adelaide with the routable garmin maps from
http://www.osmaustralia.org/garminroute.php. Must check one point where
the advice was to cross over the median strip and use the wrong side of
the road.
Small hiccup in an inability to set a route over the Vic/SA border, but
can navigate over the NSW/Vic border and within all three States.
I've emailed Matt separately about that problem - no idea why it happened.

I find that the use of NHA17; NHA20; NHA1 and NHA8 as route designations
is quite silly.
No road sign says NH anything.
I've done some photos to remind people but haven't emptied the camera yet.
The wiki doth say "thou shalt use just A in a State with alphanumeric road
designations"
we have a good schema now where the NH bit goes in a relation
but if people will put this in tags then it will have to be parsed out of
routable maps - this sort of thing where it says "N on Nha17" is hopeless
midcity directions when I thought I was on Portrush Road.

Liz