Hi !

I am a french guy passing by in your aussie mailing list..
I am a E71 owner, and definitly interested in such a tool. I would be
pleased to be one of the beta tester to help you improve your first draft.

I was very frustrated by the existing data logger I can use on my symbian /
java compatible smartphone. I think the existing tools focus too much on
rendering vector or tile data, wich uses a lot of ram/cpu.
I was thinking coding my own python (pys60) simple data logger. My ideas:
* no map rendered
* only some button / key shortcut to log poi / ways
* a editable conf file containing a list of "things to map" and
corresponding tags (and some default value, ef "bakery" will have
shop=bakery pre-filled, and we must only fill the name. The conf file could
be like this:
name|tag1=value1|tag2=value2|...
bakery|shop=bakery|name=?

--> the soft asks for the value if it is ?
* save data in osm xml format for latter use in Josm

The idea is to have the possibility to quicly add a POI walking, not by
clicking on a map, but only with GPS lat/lon data, and some pop-up asking
for pre-configured tags.

Anyway, I am interested :)

Cheers
Kimaidou