On 8 June 2010 16:40, Ross Scanlon <i...@4x4falcon.com> wrote:
> Personally I would not like to see much more than this and I don't think
> being able to reclassify
> a street is suitable without strict guidelines and/or limits (eg an untagged
> way).  For issues with
> these have a look around Fremantle at the moment and you'll see a number of
> oddly classified
> roads (secondary - trunk - secondary - trunk in the space of a few blocks).

This is also our thinking at the moment; as soon as you get away from
a very small number of basic operations, you get immersed in the
technicalities of what tags are appropriate (and those rules also
change over time!).  Thus we're very much intending to start small and
only expand where there's value in doing so.

David Murn wrote:
> Sounds like the editing features in gosmore, add node/way, add name/type
> to highway, and add one of a preset number of POIs (fuel is the only one
> that comes to mind at the moment).

This is probably the next step after the initial two tasks; allowing
people to flag up local businesses and amenities (as points, rather
than areas).

--
Ben Last
Development Manager (HyperWeb)