On 14 June 2010 14:57, Steve Bennett <stevag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://osmdoc.com/en/tag/building/#values shows lots of esoteric
> values. I don't know what people expect "building=university" to mean
> or do.
>
> Building:use gets some love:
> http://osmdoc.com/en/tag/building:use/#values
>
> Looks like a few ways "commercial" is being tagged:
> building=commercial, building:use=commercial,
> landuse=commercial...ugly.

You brought it up before about buildings being mapped and you thought
it was a bad idea, I assume you were mostly talking about residential
buildings, but realistically there is no reason why all fixed
buildings couldn't be tagged, as long as they are suitably tagged so
people that don't want residential and less important things rendered
they could be excluded, as usual the trick is figuring out the right
combination of tags to make the most people happy.