I am starting to map landuse areas across Bendigo. I am wondering what to do
when (for instance) a petrol station has been mapped as a point with all the
attributes attached. I have now mapped the polygon representing the actual
area of the petrol station. Which attribute(s) should go on which feature?
Should both feature (point and polygon) be kept?

Thinking from an OSM perspective I'd say move all the attributes from the
point to the polygon and delete the point.
With my GPS hat on I'd say attribute the polygon as amenity=fuel but leave
the point and all its attributes so it shows up on the GPS as a POI.

Is there a general consensus on what to do?
This same scenario arises with pubs, restaurants etc

Cheers,

Craig