Recently David Dean asked for some data and he was given access to it
with a favourable license (cc-by).

This dataset only covers Qld Govt funded roads, this doesn't include
local government roads.

While there was additional information attached to the data, it was
mostly internal references so this was removed, I also simplified all
the ways as there was an excessive number of points, it appeared that
raw GPS data had been used in some/many places without any kind of
simplification applied.

I don't know if it was due to the conversion processing or not, but
many of the roads don't interconnect properly.

Most roads are in segments as various different tags were applied to
the sections, think like last survey dates.

With that all said, the name/vector data seems very useful for both
ways not already in OSM and for fixing up Landsat derived data, the
vector data probably isn't that useful for places where Nearmap have
coverage.

For those interested in this data in OSM format, you can download it from here:

http://map-data.bigtincan.com/data/sc_roads_qld.osm.bz2

It's approx 1.5M and if you enable the slippymap plugin with mapnik
background image you can use it to see which roads are missing and
which just need a few tweaks here and there.

I've posted a brief page here about permission:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australia/Queensland/Department_of_Transport_and_Main_Roads

And another here about the data itself:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australia/Queensland/Department_of_Transport_and_Main_Roads/Import