I have recently added maxspeed to the roads into Uluru and Kings Canyon and
am working on some of the roads in the MacDonnell Ranges around Alice
Springs. It is a bit tedious but not that bad. I record the speed change
point as a POI as I pass (stopping to do so, of course) upload with my
tracks and make changes. The biggest problem is where increase and decrease
signs for opposite directions don't coincide or where some are missing or, I
sometimes think, deliberately not installed so traffic will be delayed in
speeding up.

For me this is a bit of a "labour of love" as my Garmin 765T will not render
maxspeeds from OSM.

KevinS