On 15 September 2010 15:14, Simon Biber <simonbi...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Who was it prompted by? Did NearMap themselves request it?

There was a specific question from a AU community member to NearMap if
the option should be removed. They said yes. <-- Third hand, I was not
part of the discussion.

> I don't see why should NearMap be blocked for users who have not accepted the
> new contributor terms.

My understanding of NearMap's point of view is they have some rights
over the contributions made by OpenStreetMap'pers who use their
imagery. I also understand they have no issues with the new license
just the Contributor Terms. It is an awkward position. NearMap is also
a user of OpenStreetMap data.

Discussing of options and solutions with NearMap continues.

/ Grant