Hi,

>In any case, "candidates welcome" was a ridiculous comment.

I agree with this... If the only way to give feedback to an organisation is to
run for a position... well it's a ridiculous notion.

I have been trying to stay out of the licensing issue because I really don't
understand the details. I have watched with interest trying to see both sides.
What does irk me is that I have been a mapper for about three years. When I
started mapping in Hobart it was literally blank. However, the only way I heard
about the licensing changes was second-hand on the talk-au list. OSM has a
built in messaging system - how hard would it be to notify mappers of this
issue and yet I have never been directly contacted about this. If it wasn't for
people bringing it up on talk-au I would have no idea anything was afoot. I
suspect there are many mappers who still have no idea that there is a proposed
license change. That is not broad consultation and it makes it LOOK like people
are trying to sneak something through.

Regards,
Neal