If they're the Landsat/Blue Marble images that we use as the "rest of the
world" layers where we don't have detailed PhotoMaps, then they are NASA
data (see
http://www.nearmap.com/legal/copyright<http://www.hw009i.nearmap.com/legal/copyright>).
 It's pretty easy to spot the difference, as in this location:
http://www.nearmap.com/?...@-36.244965,147.034836&ll=-36.244965,147.034836&z=13&t=h&nmd=20101117
...Our PhotoMaps to the west, Landsat to the east.

I believe that you can use the NASA data, but you should check the NASA
pages (http://landsat.gsfc.nasa.gov/,
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/BlueMarble/) to be sure.

Cheers

On 12 January 2011 15:01, Mark Pulley <mrpul...@lizzy.com.au> wrote:

> I'm working out whether I am able to accept the new OSM terms. I haven't
> used the detailed NearMap aerial photos, but what I have used is a
> low-quality image at zoom 13 and 14. I used these images for the Kiewa River
> in northern Victoria (this was before the detailed imagery for northern
> Victoria was put in, and most of the river is still outside the
> high-resolution images), and for an airstrip on Flinders Island. Are these
> low-resolution images public domain (in which case I can accept the new OSM
> terms), or are they copyrighted (in which case I will need to replace this
> data with Yahoo or Bing data prior to accepting)? (Bing imagery is much
> better, so the river will probably need to be retraced anyway.)
>
> Mark P.

Ben Last
Development Manager
nearmap.com