Just a heads up... I've started remapping Sydney's railway lines, given about 80% of them are marked to be wiped.

I am a CityRail train driver and regularly travel over most of these train lines and have intimate knowledge of them - including track direction, electrification details, location of points, names of tracks and sidings, speeds, etc.. and I also do a lot of GPS traces while driving trains. I don't mind undertaking this task, and once complete I'll add the passenger route relations.

At this stage I'll stick with what I know best - i.e. the Sydney suburban area bounded by Berowra, Bondi Junction, Cronulla, Waterfall, Macarthur, Emu Plains and Richmond. My focus will be on the actual train tracks first.

Thought I'd let the community know, so that others may concentrate their efforts on remapping other priority stuff - and I guess it makes sense to start with things you know the most about.

I just want to add, that I think the original v1 creator of Sydney's railways (JohnSmith) had done a fantastic job, and I had shown a few people at RailCorp who were very impressed with the level of detail - so I want it on record that I take no pleasure in having to delete and remap his fantastic work, but I guess it's time to bunker down because it just has to be done.

Cheers,
BJ