Quoting Ian Sergeant <inas66+...@gmail.com>:

On 6 January 2012 04:42, Michael Collinson <m...@ayeltd.biz> wrote:

I looked at doing a revert for the street where I lived but found that
just one "Fixed Stuff" changeset was affecting 12,576 different ways! I guess
a lot of  other folk are in the same position.
Yes, they are...

The biggest culprit is probably the residential maxspeed=50 maxspeed:source=default(etc) edit - should we start by removing this one (removing just this change while leaving other subsequent edits intact)?. This will probably need to be done in a few steps:

1. If the maxspeed and maxspeed:source tags have not been touched since, then just remove these tags from the culprit changeset.

2. If the maxspeed has been changed since, then remove the tags from the culprit changeset, making sure the new versions remain (e.g. some maxspeeds I have corrected to 60, correcting the source tag at the same time).

3. For some ways, the maxspeed is correct; for the ones I have come across I have changed the source tag (usually to source:maxspeed=sign, although some have been maxspeed:source=sign (or =voice)) - can we remove the tags from the culprit changeset, adding the maxspeed to the later changeset where the source tag was corrected (as it should be obvious that I reviewed the maxspeed when adding the source tag)?

Mark P.