Hi,

For those working around Sydney, and following on from my previous
email on the subject.

My strategy for reconstructing the Sydney trunk routes has been to..

Firstly, delete the nonCT route relations, and create new empty route
directional route relations. Directional route relations are much more
useful for reconstructing then non-directional ones, because you can
ensure their continuity in JOSM, otherwise they are just a mess.

Secondly, delete the nonCT parts of the route.

Thirdly, rebuild the trunk road using bing, traces, and using JOSM to
identify the missing parts of the route relation until the route is
complete.

The theory goes that if anything disappears during the big delete that
I hadn't anticipated, at least rebuilding the trunk roads should just
be a matter of completing the routes again.

I've also been using the references as in the AU tagging guidelines on
the wiki, so not using MR6 as a ref - which appears nowhere on a sign,
instead using network=MR, ref=6.  I notice a few people changing these
refs back.  I don't personally care much which way, and we'll all be
alphanums before too long I hope, but the wiki reasoning makes sense
to me, so I'm following that for consistency.  I've also noticed some
people adding roads going the wrong way to my directional relations.
I'm thinking this is just a mistake, and I've removed them again when
I see them.  If in the long run, people don't like the directional
ones, then that's fine too.

I was 75% through completing this a few days before the delete was
supposed to commence.  I asked for an extension for this area to
finish this sort of stuff, and no one who was running with this seemed
responsive to any form of delay.  So, I frantically finished what I
could before the db went read only, and then stopped to wait to pick
up the pieces, and that's kinda where I've been for the past month.

Ian.