I see that Port Macquarie and Wauchope need quite a bit of remedial work
done on them. On my way to the Pan-Pac Games this week, I am going to try
to acheive some of this.

I started by realigning those roads that redaction had caused to misalign.
Then I traced in those roads that went missing. I tagged them, temporarly,
just as highway=road, so that they stand out. Then I changed those roads
that didn't have a name to highway=road as well.

Now what I'll do is make up a set of custom poi's with a coordinate from
each of these road. That way my Garmin sat-nav will direct me to the
nearest road that needs attention.   I've found that there were a LOT of
roads originally just traced in but then never surveyed at all, so there is
so much work to do that I am  going to try to do it fast. I'll have
multiple loggers going and will be recording the street names via audio so
that I don't have to stop to photograph or note down stuff. When I need to
geo-locate my recording I will just voice record a time and simultaneously
tag a waypoint on one of the loggers.

Then, at night I'll edit it all in and maybe pretty it up a bit.  Now ,
what would be *really* useful, is if someone/or two could check what I've
done,  maybe on Monday-week onwards.   By checking OSM against some other
maps (street directories etc) if you spot any spelling mistakes I've made
or any roads  I've failed to edit or name, then if you could note down the
lat/long and drop me a message or note them to this list.

That way, on my way back the following week, I can correct mistakes and
complete the job.  Then if I have any time left, I'll duck over to
Wauchope, which needs a complete mapping, and get started there.

Nick

PS - there were some real problems with Port Macquarie that the redaction
bot cleaned out nicely for us, so I think we could end up with a really
nice Port Macquarie, which is only fitting for such a nice place!