Hi,

The timetable for this rollout is from January to December 2013.  So,
if we do this now we could be making changes over a year before the
signs change.

I say, lets just wait for the implementation.  I have faith in OSM to
make the changes within a day of the coverplates being removed, and
then the copyright issues don't come into play either, and navigation
always corresponds to the signs.

I also noticed on the RTA site a while back, they were saying that
they were trying to work with map and data providers to provide timely
and accurate updates.  It certainly may be worthwhile sending them an
email to see if we can take advantage of that, especially if we can
get a timetable for the coverplate removal.

Ian.