Hi guys,

I have discovered, finally, a couple of resources for tourist drives (as
indicated by numbered brown signs).

1. DERM's physical roads dataset dated 28/9/2010 has a TOURNUM field, but
this only seems to contain a few tourist drives: 1, 5, 8, 9, 10, 16, 22,
23, 42, 43, 99, LA and z (the last two I suspect are not named correctly).

2. RACQ's trip planner:
http://www.racq.com.au/travel/drive_travel/trip_planner#directions:route/Kuranda/Mareeba/Tolga/Malanda-Atherton_Road_East_Barron_/Yungaburra/Malanda/Millaa_Millaa/PALMERSTON,_QUEENSLAND/Innisfail

This has a button top left (right most button) to toggle tourist drives. I
am not sure if these are official tourist drives (are there such things -
does the government decide on them, and what level of government?), but
it's a start. I'm just wondering if there's an automated method to extract
these features from their web map. I sent RACQ an email asking for the
data, who knows how that will go.

Still looking for a definitive source of tourist drive dataset.

Let me know if you find anything.

Wil