Hi all,

Exciting news. The RMS has released details about the timing of the
alphanumeric rollout in NSW.
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadprojects/projects/alpha_numeric/documents/factsheets/implementation_factsheet.pdf

In summary:
1. May - July 2013: Routes where the number is changing (e.g. from route 18 to
B72)
2. August – November 2013: Motorways and the majority of A routes
3. Nov – Dec 2013/early 2014: All remaining A and B routes, and decommissioned
routes.

I summarised region-by-region which areas are in PHASE ONE between now and July
-

SYDNEY REGION
A8 Cammeray to Mona Vale
A38 Delhi Road
A22 Hume Highway – City to Liverpool
A36 Princes Highway
A28 Wahroonga to Casula
A34 Liverpool to City
B59 Bells Line of Road
M31 Hume Motorway (also in Stage 2)

NORTHERN NSW
B60 Bruxner Highway
B56 Oxley Highway
B51 Kamilaroi Highway
B76 Gwydir Highway

SOUTHERN NSW
B72 Snowy Mountains Highway – Kiandra to Bega
B73 Nowra to Southern Highlands
B65 Bulli Tops to Port Kembla

SOUTH-WEST NSW
B72 Snowy Mountains Highway
A41 Olympic Highway
B64 Mid Western Highway

WESTERN NSW
B56 Oxley Highway
A41 Olympic Highway
B51 Kamilaroi Highway
B64 Mid Western Highway
B76 Gwydir Highway
B55 Castlereagh Highway
B59 Bells Line of Road

HUNTER AND CENTRAL COAST
A37 Newcastle Outer Ring Road
B57 Warners Bay to Charlestown
B63 Charlestown to Nelson Bay
A43 Doyalson, Newcastle, Hexham
A49 Kariong, Gosford to Doyalson
B68 Cessnock to Newcastle
B53 Morisset to Wallsend
B89 Warners Bay to Kurri Kurri

I think it would make sense if people can oversee specific regions.

I can keep maintaining my region.. (Newcastle / Central Coast) and I can help
out elsewhere too. As mentioned previously I've already created new route
relations mentioned in the "HUNTER & CENTRAL COAST" section - therefore
switching on the new Refs will be a simple case of selecting all members of the
relation and adding the ref tag -- and where relevant creating an old_ref - for
the legacy route number, but when we do this we should keep in mind there will
be cases where it's not just a simple old-for-new replacement (e.g. Central
Coast Hwy A49 / SR83).

I have also already created relations for M1 from Wahroonga to Beresfield, A1
from Beresfield to Byron Bay, ready for easy  change of ref after August
according to the schedule.  During this editing I noticed some sections of A1
had already been switched on by other mappers. Also the Kempsey Bypass had been
ref'd as M1 - but it's my understanding this will still be A1 so it's also in
the A1 relation for updating/correction after August.

BJ