Many times I've questioned stuff myself (to myself) ... where no 'source' tag is present then I'm more suspicious. If they are simply too lazy that they don't state the source then maybe they are also too lazy to assure the accuracy of the information? If the source is copyright then !!!

Daniel - the only real way you can 'solve' this is to survey it yourself. I've got two of these that are local and I'll do when I can (path going through a building, a road not connected to anything). Once you're done ..use the flamin source tag! :P [I do occasionally miss it on mine though :(]