Hi,

The network tag used on cycling routes .. is for example
National Cycling Network (ncn) as in from one country to another

In Australia we may not use this tag as per the definition .. but the length of the route may mean that in Europe it would be an ncn. So should 'we' adopt the prractice of 'elevation' the network status? A similar practice has been used for highways.

Note that mountain bike routes do not officially use this tag, and I've suggest to one render that the distance tagg would be much better to use for the zoom appearance/disappearance use for any route not just the mtb route.