On 30/07/2015 10:20 AM, fors...@ozonline.com.au wrote:
Hi

What (if any) is the correct tagging for unauthorised trails in national and state parks?

For example, Ant Track https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/-37.92599/145.32051

I have spoken with Parks Vic and they request that bike riders do not create additional trails and only use official trails. They would prefer if such unofficial trails were not mapped or named because it implies official status to park users.

I have not yet worked out how to contact the author of Ant Track.

The trail physically exists? Then it is mappable.

However .. tag it access=no (or similar) ... If the trail is blocked off so people cannot use it tag disused.

The track is

   Way: Ant Track (289298073)

       Added extra details to 'tracks' behind birdsland, and the new
       access bridge to birdsland, from 3 seperate GPS tracks.

Edited 10 months ago by steve91 <https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/steve91> Version #3 ยท Changeset #25600646 <https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/25600646>

So contact steve through OSM https://www.openstreetmap.org/login?referer=%2Fmessage%2Fnew%2Fsteve91