On 17/09/2015 9:03 AM, Nathanael Coyne wrote:
Can someone please check my work?

http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/5510636

There's an average speed limit section in Canberra near Woden too but no one has added that to the map yet so I couldn't copy. Any other examples I could refer to?

Unfortunately I've had to use "maxspeed" as the enforcement type even though you could do 200 km/h while in the enforcement area and then pull over and wait for 10 minutes and not get booked.

It appears you shouldn't include the highway way in the relation just the nodes so I've created the two camera devices and attached them to nodes of the highway using a relation and the roles to, from and device.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:enforcement

The enforcement would only be in one direction.

The relation 'only' requires one 'device' though in practice here two are used.

So it looks fine to me.

overpass turbo can be used to find other relations of this type, there are a few around Sydney , Melbourne and one around Albury.

For interest, the average speed enforcement section of the Federal Highway is 19.13 km long.

So a minimum time of 10 minutes 27.07 seconds.
At 220 km/h average speed you would need to pull over and wait some 5 minutes 13.04 seconds to be 'safe' (from a fine).

Nathanael Coyne(Boehm)

www.purecaffeine.com <http://www.purecaffeine.com/>

Canberra, Australia
0431 698 580