Motorways can sometimes have lower speed limits than some sections of
highways and some suburban streets can be divided roads so I find it
hard to use those criteria to determine if a road is a motorway. I think
we should be guided by the RMS. If they have given it an "M"
alphanumeric designation then it OSM should show it as a motorway. But
in this case the RMS classifies it as a highway rather than motorway so
I support it being shown as a trunk route in OSM. Thanks Mark for noting
this issue and correcting it.