You'll need to split the way at the point where the speed limit
changes and apply a different maxspeed to each segment. This is how
all maxspeed segments I've seen and mapped are done.

In your second case where they are just in the wrong spot, if it's
only a little bit out you could just move the nodes of the way so that
the change over point is in the right place,  if it's a long way out,
I would split at the correct point and remerge any segments which have
consistent tags.

If there is a route relation on the way, I find using JOSM a bit
easier to manage relations than iD (default web editor). I assumed
that JOSM and iD would apply the relation to the new section after the
split so you shouldn't need to do anything special, but you might want
to double check this.