I agree as I recently encountered this issue. Following the GitHub issue on
the protected area tag, it seems support in the renderer is a still the
source of a large amount of debate and argument because of the large number
of clases and regional variations in use of the tag.

Thanks,
Leith Bade
le...@bade.nz