Hi Nick,
We generally focus on the road network and related tags / attributes
first, since Telenav tends to source search information (including
addressing) from sources other than OSM.
That said, where there is an opportunity to help coordinate adding
address information to OSM, we will certainly consider it.
Is there already some coordination going on, like collecting information
about datasets and licenses on an OSM wiki page?--
  Martijn van Exel
  m...@rtijn.org