In Sweden, I have seen the "F" going into the ref tag. Just a thought, I don't recall how it affects rendering in common schemes. Con: Clash with a more rigorous ref num giving by the transport authority, "40459" or such. Another (complementary) practice is to put just "F" as the name - which has the secondary benefit of being more likely to render out in a crowded space. The other detail perhaps being better suited to the corresponding bus_station node/area/relation.

Else, +1 from me, the proposal seems useful to me as a smart refinement of local practice.

Mike

On 2019-01-22 10:26, Warin wrote:
Are there anydissenters?
I'll give it a week.
Any feed back from other places In Australia?
On 21/01/19 20:00, cleary wrote:
As a regular user of public transport, I agree.

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019, at 4:39 PM, Warin wrote:
Hi,

At present the names of bus stops goes something like

name=Strathfield Station, Albert Rd (Stand F).

The web transport trip planers direct you to Stand F, yet this is not
very visiblein OSM renderings as that information is last.

Would it not be best to have the name put the more detailed information
first and the generalproximity information last, much like an address?

Such as

name=Stand F, Albert Rd, Strathfield Station

Thoughts?