On any map, more detail is generally preferred to less detail, provided that
the information is useful.

I use Central reasonably often. There were 25 platforms (a couple now closed
for new construction) and platform 1 is a fair way from platform 25. I think
most users would benefit from having the locations of individual platforms
identified on a map. I think the current rendering on the map is useful and
correct. Removing platform numbers would be unhelpful.

Perhaps the Wiki needs to change. And information in a Wiki is guidance not
gospel - there may occasionally be good reason to do something differently.
Very few railway stations would be as large as Sydney's Central and what works
on smaller stations, does not necessarily work for Central.

I like it the way it is now because it is the most useful i can imagine.

In regard to reference numbers, each platform at Central has a transport
reference number (similar to bus stop numbers). For example I think, but am not
certain, that platform 6 is 2000326 and platform 7 is 2000327 - but this comes
from data for which we do not have permission. If we can get access to such
data, then these numbers would use the "ref" tag. These reference numbers are
possibly used for routing but platforms are signposted and known to the public
as "Platform 6" or "Platform 7" etc.