As far as I can tell train=yes is an access tag
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access saying trains are allowed,
which seems implied by railway=station. Do you have any other references
which explain what the train=yes tag is for and what it implies in this
case?

I agree wheelchair=yes on the station is quite broad, certainly the
detailed indoor footway mapping which exists at central goes much further
to document exactly what the wheelchair access is. At the high level I
think it's fair to assume that at the top level it just means that the
station and all its platforms is accessible via wheelchair, which I think
it is.

It can be useful for people consuming OSM data to at a glance see which
stations are wheelchair accessible and not.

Sydney Terminal, I believe, is only used for the country train services. In
this context it's still referring to the train station, and not the
platform but I think you could make an argument either way.

The boundary shouldn't be theoretical, per OSM the boundary should be from
the rail perspective where the entry/exit signals are, with the
public_transport tag mapping the station from the passengers perspective.
I'm not sure how anyone would know this without being an actual train
driver or with insider knowledge.

iD warnings might need fixing in this case, but I haven't looked at them in
detail so I'm not sure.