On 04/07/19 18:38, Ewen Hill wrote:
Hi,
   On a corcular island with a sand/bare rock surface all the way around the
outside, would you add a path?

Now where a track might head down to the beach to cross a stream, it makes
sense however should we infer a path where there is no man made assistance
or guidance?

I asked a similar question on the tagging list.
It was for a section of beach used by a longer walking track.

As I recall, fine to add a path as long as the beginning and end were defined
in some way .. adding the tag visibility=0 was suggested too.

If there is no formal use and no signs? I don't know if I'd map it as a path.
I'd map the sand and rock...