Discussion C: mapping on the street
OSM is great. I showed it to an organisation as large A0 maps of Canberra. The
largest size that I could print. The maps still covered the whole board table
when I left. I demonstrated an android app to the CEO. They had never heard of
OSM of course. "Its a bit like Google maps." I cannot tell you how often I have
heard that. I hope it will get the conversation going. Thank you for
everybody's efforts. :-)
But to the point…

mapping on the street
It is new and exciting, with people in the cafes but OSM says the street
building site. We have all experienced this.
JOSM and ID editors are excellent, but you cannot take them with you. The
ACTmapi Images 2019 are great, but they are almost a year out of date. GPX
tracks help but the editing is post-processing. It would be ideal to correct
the maps in real-time on the street. Canberra is changing so fast, it is hard
to keep up with.
It would be best to map on the street. When something needs correcting mark it
with a comment (or photo) for correction immediately (FIXME). The app would run
on the smartphone continuously showing the most current maps, can this be done?
I welcome your comments.