Again, thanks for your interest, Joachim! I had no idea that the story had
gone international.

Been doing some checking & it's a mess :-(

Wiki: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uluru

*Uluru* (/ˌuːləˈruː/ <https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA/English>,
Pitjantjatjara <https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitjantjatjara_dialect>:
*Uluṟu* /ˈʊ.lʊ.ɻʊ/), also known as *Ayers Rock* (/ˌɛərz -/
<https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA/English>, like *airs*) and
officially gazetted <https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gazette#Verb> as *Uluru /
Ayers Rock*,

the Pitjantjatjara <https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitjantjatjara> people,
call the landmark *Uluṟu* (Pitjantjatjara [ʊlʊɻʊ]
<https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA/Australian_languages>) ... although
it is used as a local family name by the senior Traditional Owners of Uluru.

In 1993, a dual naming <https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_naming> policy
was adopted that allowed official names that consist of both the
traditional Aboriginal name and the English name. On 15 December 1993, it
was renamed "Ayers Rock / Uluru" and became the first official dual-named
feature in the Northern Territory. The order of the dual names was
officially reversed to "Uluru / Ayers Rock" on 6 November 2002

The article also makes reference to the UNESCO World Heritage listing
http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/447

Ulu*r*u-Kata Tju*t*a National Park
This park, formerly called Uluru (Ayers Rock – Mount Olga) National Park,
features spectacular geological formations that dominate the vast red sandy
plain of central Australia. Uluru, an immense monolith, and Kata Tjuta,

& the directional road sign:
https://www.google.com/maps/@-25.1984958,133.2018359,3a,15y,139.71h,89.75t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s0wF9qFh1z43RCsnapBsV1Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

So, with such a mish-mash of underlined & non- names, my own preference
would be:

name = Uluru / Ayers Rock
name:en = Uluru / Ayers Rock
name:pjt = Uluṟu
old_name = Ayers Rock
old_name:en = Ayers Rock

if we need to specify name:en, if not, simply

name = Uluru / Ayers Rock
name:pjt = Uluṟu
old_name = Ayers Rock

Thanks