I'd say that we map what we can confirm "on the ground". The inclusion of
non-existent features in OSM is of no help to anyone.  In rural areas, there
are whole villages in which plans were approved and gazetted but never
constructed or, having once existed, have disappeared as the population
disappeared - google maps occasionally includes some of these streets but we
shouldn't.