On Sat, 19 Jun 2021 at 11:08, Andrew Munday <dazzilitc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry again for not really knowing what I'm doing with the mailing list
> thing. I hope this doesn't start a new thread.

Don't worry, Andrew! We've all had an oops moment :-)

To keep everything together, find the post that you want to respond to,
click on "Reply - All" & go to it.

It's entirely up to you just how you want to format it:

- just type on the blank page you've been given, which will leave the

- do as I've done here, & insert your reply into the body of the previous
message, by picking a spot that you want to comment on, hit "Enter", which
will give you a new line, & go from there

- go down to the bottom of the message & put your reply there - any of them
are perfectly acceptable.

I reverted the automated changesets that I did using the reverter plugin on
> JOSM (that's how the wiki said to do it).

An alternative (& possibly easier?) way, is to find the changes that you
made, then simply undo them eg delete the light pole node that you put in,
then add a comment "Light pole deleted as copied from unavailable data" or
similar.

& there's nothing at all to stop you from mapping street lights (or
anything else!) from personal knowledge! If you're working in your local
area, have a walk around the block & make note that there are lights
outside #4, 12 & 20. Depending on how good the available overhead imagery
is in your area, you can sometimes even do the same by mapping the lights
that are visible.

Keep having fun, & ask as many questions as you want / need to!

Thanks

Graeme